EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The safety of all LIM College students, faculty, staff, vendors and guests is of the utmost importance and as such, the College has an extensive Emergency Response Program that is focused on mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
The Emergency Management Program consists of detailed plans, state of the art systems, highly trained emergency response personnel, extensive communication tools, and specialized emergency response programs. All of the Program elements are designed to work together to provide a resilient and safe environment.
LIM College has an All-Hazards Emergency Response Plan (ERP) that is updated annually and tested regularly. This plan has been written to address all types of human-made threats and natural hazards.
The College also has a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that has been populated by each department to ensure that the College can continue operations during emergency situations.
Each building has a customized Emergency Action Plan (EAP) that is mandated by State Law. A part of the EAP is a detailed Fire Safety Plan (FSP).
Each building is equipped with state of the art fire systems that include the following:
- Sprinkler systems
- Emergency phones
- Pull stations for alerting authorities
- Public Address (PA) systems (except the Townhouse which does not have a PA system)
- Exits signs
- Luminescent tape on stairwells
New York City Police Department (NYPD) – provides police services
New York City Fire Department (FDNY) – provides fire and emergency medical services (EMS)
Emergency Response Building Team Members – Each LIM College facility has a team of staff and faculty members who received specialized training to handle emergency situations within the building.
Fire Safety Director – Specially trained person who manages emergencies within each building
Deputy Fire Safety Director – Individuals who are specially trained to handle emergencies within the building and who are in the building at all times of occupancy
Fire Safety Brigade Members – team on each floor trained to assist with building evacuations
Over 50 training events and Emergency Response touch points for students, faculty and staff that include:
- Classroom training provided by Advanced Data Risk Management (ADRM) – 30 training sessions annually
- Two Tabletop Exercises per year – key decision makers discuss actions that would be taken during a specific emergency situation
- A Safety and Emergency Procedures webpage with a new emergency preparedness related article posted every month – https://www.limcollege.edu/safety
- Mass Notification System – sends email, text, and voice alerts to members of the College Community during emergency situations
- Emergency instructions posted in each classroom, suite, and office
- LIM College internal Emergency Number – 711 from internal phones and (212) 310-0660 from external phones
- International Travel Program with an emergency call number provided by International SOS.
- Phone Operator Emergency Management Program
- Violence Against Women Program
- Students of Concern Teams – identifying and assisting students who may need academic and/or emotional support
- Behavioral Intervention Team – identifying and assisting members of the LIM College community who may be a harm to themselves or others
- CPR, AED and First Aid Programs – over 100 faculty and staff trained and certified in CPR and first aid
There are many programs, people and systems in place to help keep everyone at LIM College safe. As a member of the community, you will receive training that will let you know how to respond to emergency situations including medical, criminal, and building related incidents. Please pay attention to this training and take it seriously because the life you save could be your own.