We are excited that your student has decided to attend LIM College!
We know you’ve played an important role in preparing your student for their time with us and we hope you will take part in our Parent/Guardian Orientation program, whether your student is a freshman or transferring in.
Parent/Guardian Orientation and Fair
Thursday, January 11th
LIM College - The Townhouse – 12 East 53rd Street
9 AM - 2:30 PM
This orientation takes place the same day as Student Orientation and allows families to meet faculty, administrators, and LIM College alumni. Chat rooms, panel discussions, and informal conversations will give you an opportunity to learn more about important issues, including academic expectations and campus standards.
There will be a Parent Fair once students leave for campus tours and lunch will be provided. You can talk to academic chairs and department representatives about what resources are available to your student while they are at LIM College.
Why attend the Parent/Guardian Fair:
- Meet faculty, administrators, and key college contacts who can assist your student.
- Talk one-on-one with a counselor about financial aid, tuition, and billing.
- Get a feel for the campus where your student will be spending their time.
If you are unable to attend the in person Parent/Guardian Orientation, similar information can be found in the webinars here.
These activities will provide you with important information about the journey your student is about to embark upon and will help you support your student's transition into LIM. Research shows that when family members understand the college experience and know what resources are available on campus to assist their students, those students will be more successful.
Webinars will cover financial aid, student life, housing, campus safety, campus resources, and other topics. They will be presented by LIM department heads, who will also be able to answer any questions you may have.
- Liberal Arts the foundation of the LIM degree
- Navigate Your Student’s Finance
- Study Abroad at LIM: Academic, Professional, & Personal Benefits
- Life in the LIM Residence
- Student Orientation - The Pathway for a Successful Transition to LIM
- The LIM College First Year Experience Class “Supports Your Student’s Transition”
- Partnering with the Department of Experiential Education & Career Management for Student Success
- Support Services Available to Your Student
- LIM’s Degrees – Learn About LIM’s Major Fields of Study
- Your Student’s Safety on Campus
- FERPA’ What You Should Know & How It Affects You and Your Student
- Student Success Starts with the Student Orientation Program