Prepare for Success
Fashion merchandising is an exciting field that demands both an intuition for fashion trends and a shrewd understanding of business management. As a fashion merchandiser, a primary responsibility is to analyze which of the latest styles and fashions are or will be in demand and stock stores appropriately. This combines both creativity and a passion for fashion with an analytical and business-minded approach.
For those with ambition and interest in this exciting and constantly-evolving field, LIM College offers Fashion Merchandising degree programs that are designed to blend the theory of fashion and the knowledge of business practice to create a skillset that prepares graduates for success. Whether you’re trying to break into fashion merchandising, or advance your current fashion career, our Fashion Merchandising programs will help prepare you to be a successful fashion business professional.
Fashion Merchandising Degree Options
- This intensive, two-year Fashion Merchandising program prepares you to start a career in fashion immediately after graduation, or begin a 4-year Fashion Merchandising bachelor’s degree program.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising allows you to start your career in fashion, or continue to graduate studies. You can choose between two types of degrees: one that includes liberal arts and is ideal for those who intend to go on to graduate school or who are open to a wide range of jobs and careers; or a bachelor’s degree program that focuses more on professional career development.
- Graduate study in Fashion Merchandising prepares you for higher-level career opportunities in fashion, retail, and/or management. Whether you’re looking to advance your current fashion career, continue your education in fashion, or are transitioning into a fashion-focused career, our Master of Professional Studies program provides what you need to achieve your goals.
*Also offered online
A Degree In Fashion Merchandising Lets You...
...have the career of your dreams and still make a living! It’s true, you don’t have to be a fashion designer to pursue a career in fashion. A Fashion Merchandising degree program prepares you for a variety of career paths and responsibilities, including being a fashion buyer (someone who strategically decides what products to order, stock, and sell) to being a fashion director, who has an intimate knowledge of fashion trends and how to stock and promote top products.
With a Fashion Merchandising degree, you can pursue a wide range of career options including:
- Brand Manager
- Fashion Buyer
- Creative Director
- Event Planner
- Fashion Director
- Fashion Stylist
- Magazine Editor
- Product Developer
- Retail Store Director
- District Merchandising Manager
- General Merchandising Manager
In-class learning is a very important facet of your LIM education, preparing you for internships and a successful fashion career. The following are examples of courses you might take while enrolled in a Fashion Merchandising degree program at LIM College.
- Advanced Buying & Planning
- Computer Aided Design for Merchandising
- Fashion Forecasting
- Fashion History & Global Attire
- Fashion Magazines
- Fashion Show Production
- Fashion Styling
- Global Retailing
- Introduction to the Fashion Business
- Product Development & Merchandising
- Street Style
- Advanced Fashion Merchandising
- Retail Merchandise Management
- Fashion Branding & Promotion
Learn More About Our Industry
Want to learn more about fashion merchandising careers, salaries, and more? Check out our articles and guides for more information about career opportunities for you.
LIM’s Distinctive Learning Formula
LIM College programs have been developed to include a distinctive mix of theory and hands-on experiences. A bachelor’s degree program in Fashion Merchandising includes lectures, group discussion, and group projects to arm you with the diverse set of knowledge and experience that employers look for in this field. You’ll benefit from our distinctive learning formula in any of our programs, whether you’re on our NYC campus or enrolled in one of our online programs, which are designed to fit the busy schedules of adult learners. Once you graduate, you’ll also benefit from our extensive network of employers and successful alumni.