Fashion Scholars Program
LIM College's Fashion Scholars program provides an enriched academic experience within a close-knit community of exceptional students and alumni. Our Fashion Scholars enjoy special benefits and privileges, including additional one-on-one attention, positioning them to pursue some of fashion’s most competitive career paths.
For more information please contact Maura La Hara at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-310-0612
PRIVILEGES OF BEING A FASHION SCHOLAR
Study Abroad Scholarship:* Every Fashion Scholar is given $5,000 to support a study abroad program of their choice. Current LIM College study abroad options include programs throughout Europe, Asia, Australia and South America.
Industry Mentors: All Fashion Scholars are assigned a fashion industry executive as a mentor to support them in setting and achieving career goals.
Personalized Advising: Senior-level college personnel provide mentorship and guidance, meeting with Fashion Scholars individually on a regular basis for academic and career advising.
Priority Registration: Fashion Scholars are allowed to register for their classes before registration opens to the rest of the student body.
Honors Courses: Fashion Scholars take one to three exclusive Honors classes each semester, learning from some of LIM’s most talented faculty. Honors courses explore material in additional depth, further refining students’ critical-thinking, communications and analytic skills.
Alumni Network: Fashion Scholars alumni mentor current Fashion Scholars, providing valuable advice on academic matters and extracurricular and career-building activities. Alumni can also be important networking contacts for internship and job opportunities.
*This feature was first introduced for the class entering in Fall 2017.
When applying for positions with fashion's top companies, being a Fashion Scholar can be leveraged for a competitive edge. Below are just some of the companies Fashion Scholars have begun their careers with immediately upon graduating:
LIM College Fashion Scholars regularly win merit-based scholarships from several fashion industry organizations, including:
- National Retail Federation Foundation
- YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund
- The Underfashion Club
REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- The Fashion Scholars program is open primarily to incoming freshmen, by invitation only, upon review of the student's LIM College admissions application. (Sophomores, upperclassmen, and transfer students will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- To remain in the Fashion Scholars program, students must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0.
- To earn Honors credits, students must earn at least a "B" in Honors courses.
- To graduate as a Fashion Scholar, students must complete at least 24 Honors credits.